Mild(?) symptoms

There is no general advice to be found regarding how to nurse someone showing “mild” symptoms - apart from paracetamol for the fever. Are there any recommendations regarding medication for the chest congestion?
Should they be in bed or up and dressed and seated in a chair, which to mind would be better for their breathing? But I’m not a nurse so do I just rely on common sense? Then I could be faced with do I call an ambulance or try to treat her at home.
I feel very uncertain and alone.

NHS conoravirus guidelines :

Coronavirus (COVID-19) - NHS

As a backup , local gp … even dial 111 for advice ?

Not a nurse//medic either. I’d be concerned that the patient should self isolate to a room, and only one person in the family bring them food and drink, etc. Allocate them their own cups, plates and cutlery and wash them separately. Keep them well hydrated. That’s some stuff I’ve seen on the US telly.

Keep washing your own hands often when handling items they’ve used, and keep surfaces clean in their room.

If they can dress and sit in a chair, I wouldn’t confine them to bed. Bedrest has its own drawbacks.

Again, and importantly, I am no medic, just expressing own opinion and what I 've heard. Contact GP or 111, review nhs guidelines for formal advice.

I just googled looking after coronavirus patients at home and found this guidance from the American Center for Disease Control. I know its geared to the American healthcare system but it contains some good practical pointers, I think.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/guidance-prevent-spread.html

treating coronavirus symptoms at home
To help yourself stay well while you’re at home:

rest and sleep
drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration – drink enough so your pee is light yellow and clear
take paracetamol to lower your temperature

Remember everyone can get different signs and symptoms. Maybe all or a few. Which every treat the same for self isolating.

Also for some people develop additional symptoms later.

Anyone with a cough as already stated should be ideally in a different room.

Temperature check…

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/01/coronavirus-symptoms-what-are-they-should-i-call-doctor-covid-19

Should I go to the doctor if I have a temperature or a cough?
No. In the UK, the NHS advice is now that anyone with symptoms should stay at home for at least 7 days. If you live with other people, they should stay at home for at least 14 days, to avoid spreading the infection outside the home. This applies to everyone, regardless of whether they have travelled abroad.