Looking for link to "let it go" meditation

Hi, I think Mrs A posted a video a while ago called “Let it go” and I’m sure I saved it but can’t find it anywhere. I’ve tried various searches to no avail. Wondered if anyone could direct me?

50-1 shot :

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/social-area/members-corner/music-crazy-36521?p=401431#p401431

BBC link … need to register.

Hi Henrietta,

Mrs A uses an app called Insight Timer, I can’t access that app as my iPad is too old. The poem is on YouTube Inspiring Poems - She Let Go by Safire Rose - John Siddique - YouTube

Melly1

Thank you. I have just listened to it. Will have to listen more than once though. Want to let go of anxiety and that’s not easy.

This rendition is my favorite version. I listen frequently, or as often as needed. I also repeat bits of it to myself if I find stress building

(Think it’s the same as Melly posted , whoops)

Pet, a longer meditation done twice daily for 10 days should soon show results. Like everything it takes time and practice to get good at it

That’s something different Chris, just a recommendation to a programme I enjoyed that might bring enjoyment and/or tears to some other carers too

Many thanks to Mrs A and all who replied

This is a really helpful poem ( which I have only just come across) which I need to return to over and over again to help me ‘let go’ of the most dreadful weekend .
Last Friday my husband ( already disabled)was unable to lift his right arm above waist height. I said I was going to request a home visit from our GP as this is 1 of the signs of a stroke? He became REALLY annoyed and said he wasn’t going to have a home visit etc .
I didn’t argue with him, just went ahead and phoned the surgery.
Dr. was lovely when he came out. Confirmed I had done the right thing . Also that it was not a stroke but a combination of shoulder problems caused by arthritis, diabetes side effects, and possibly a torn muscle. He is arranging for an ultra sound scan.
I understand and empathise with my husband’s frustration. ( We’ve been married 50 years) but I feel as though I cannot do anything right. Couldn’t even pray. I feel in a very dark place at present and am so grateful to have been led to that poem this morning. Thank-you to whoever posted it.
It’s a while since I’ve been to the Forum but am so glad I have revisited. A sincere thanks to all. :slight_smile:
His arm is getting worse. Yesterday he couldn’t lift his regular soup mug. It was too heavy for him. I have now ordered 2 lightweight mugs which should arrive today.https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MYR3PVD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I’m 85 but am his Full Time Carer. He has help for half an hour 4 days a week and 45 mins 3 days to help with washing , showering etc as I find that difficult because of osteoporosis.

“What then? Shall we sit idly down and say
The night hath come; it is no longer day?
The night hath not yet come; we are not quite
Cut off from labour by the failing light;
Something remains for us to do or dare;
Even the oldest tree some fruit may bear;
Not Oedipus Coloneus, or Greek Ode,
Or tales of pilgrims that one morning rode
Out of the gateway of the Tabard Inn,
But other something, would we but begin;
For age is opportunity no less
Than youth itself, though in another dress,
And as the evening twilight fades away
The sky is filled with stars, invisible by day.”

Extract from Morituri Salutamis by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

https://www.growingoldgracefully.org.uk/ this is another lovely site I found.