Looking for advice re hospital appointments

Hi,

As I’ve mentioned before, my elderly dad lives with us and it’s starting to get stressful. He needs to go to hospital appointments nearly every week and it’s becoming a problem. Neither myself or my husband can get any more time off work to take him and my siblings can’t or won’t, two of them live too far away and my one brother who lives close by is always busy. Another problem is that in the event of no one being able take him, he won’t use hospital transport services because he hasn’t got a clue how to carry on, if we’re not there.
If anyone could give me any advice, I would really appreciate it.

Can I ask why he needs so many appointments at a hospital?

Hi, thanks for replying.
On one of his visits to the podiatrist, they found that a small bit of bone was poking out of his skin so he has to go to hospital regularly to have it monitored, cleaned and re dressed. This is on top of home visits by the podiatrist. He has also been referred for appointments to see a vascular consultant so there’s that on top.
I’m feeling very overwhelmed…

Ask Social Services for a Carers Assessment and say that they MUST find someone else to do these things instead of you.

The term assessment is often misunderstood. They are not assessing you in any way, but what help you need to support your caring role. They have specific duties to provide support for carers who wish to continue working.