Live interactive virtual readings using professional actors

InterAct Stroke Support are an award-winning charity that take professional actors into hospitals and stroke clubs to deliver live, interactive readings. We do this to alleviate depression, stimulate memory and stimulate language.

Covid has meant all our work is suspended so we’ve decided to deliver our reading service virtually, using technology such as Zoom and the good old fashioned telephone. It’s called INTERACT AT HOME. I can send an e-flyer about our exciting new venture to people that are interested. If you know stroke survivors or anyone that you feel might benefit from having such a live interactive service with a professional actor, then please do let them know. We are in the pilot stage of this scheme, so it’s initially free of charge. We believe that social isolation is a major problem faced by stroke survivors as well as many other people, and it’s exacerbated during the Covid crises.

As we can deliver this anywhere in the country, InterAct would appreciate if you could let people know nationally about this. If you have a newsletter for example, I would be more than happy to talk further about the project. We can deliver the service to individuals one to one, or to a group.

Additionally, we have developed our very own podcast entitled RIGHT SIDE OF THE BRAIN, an arts, culture and health podcast where we interview people from across those platforms. The podcast is available on Apple podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher etc, additional to our own podcast site at Buzzsprout Right Side of the Brain

We would very much welcome Carers UK as a guest on our podcast to talk about your history, and the work that you do.

It’s very clear to me that charities need to be working together, utilising the skill sets of each other, to ameliorate the difficult circumstances people face in the current climate. Further information on our work can be found at our website www.interactstrokesupport.org

I very much look forward to hearing from you and I hope you feel INTERACT AT HOME is a project worth promoting. For anyone interested, please do contact us at admin@interactstroke.org

yours sincerely,

Nirjay Mahindru
Chief Executive, InterAct Stroke Support.