Just saying hi to all

Hello, I’m just saying hi , initially, I have many questions/issues but I’ll try to seek the forum first, also I’ll try to help others where possible.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard, suggsy - welcome to the House of Fun :wink:

1 Like

Hi Suggs, welcome to the gang. The one place no one bats an eyelid about any aspect of caring, and we all know how tiring it can be. My son has learning difficulties, brain damaged at birth, just in some areas. He can’t read, write, or do any maths but can light up, manage and drive a 10 ton 100 yea4 old steam engine! After some very serious health issues he lives in a flat 15 miles away, comes home regularly. He’s been home over the holidays, I took him back this afternoon. Now I’m sat on my bed utterly exhausted, trying hard to stay awake!

1 Like

Warm welcome @suggsy!
good to see you posting and joining in. Feel free to ask as much or as little as you want - we’ve all done our share of venting, soapboxing and ribbing each other for a laugh!
Roll call is fun and friendly neighbourly over the fence random chats.

Wishing you well in this brand new New year!

1 Like

‘Welcome to the Lions Den’ - dont worry we will exhaust tall the silly quotes very quickly!

Welcome aboard. As @Charlesh47 mentioned you will find this is a place where noone judges - just gives support when its needed most.

1 Like

Oh and you’ll soon find out that you discuss ANYTHING on here - as long as its legal - we frequently deal with poonamis and are experts at the Bristol Stool Chart as well as dealing with floods due to continence problems, frustration, and general mayhem coping with NHS and ‘professional’ carers…not to mention friends who are always ‘experts’ and know better than us what we need…

1 Like

Wow, thank you all, it’s definitely inspiring as I read through the forum.
I have my own issues as many here have, I might have a rant soon, but I’ll continue reading others and get myself acclimatised so as to try not to repeat somethings that have already been answered etc.
Love to you all

1 Like

@suggsy feel free to write anything - each of our situations is unique, so don’t worry ‘about repeating some things’…we’ll all chip in if can help
FYI the little magnifying glass on the top right is a search-window so you can type and see what other posts have been made on a topic - it’s the easiest way I’ve found to check what others have said …but usually I end up posting my question anyway…

You’ll realise that we’re lucky to have many members and moderators who have a wealth of experience…so dive in if you wish

Also I recommend the CarersUK telephone Helpline is available on 0808 808 7777 from Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm (excluding Bank Holidays) or you can contact us by email (advice@carersuk.org). If you have a general enquiry, please email info@carersuk.org

If you have a more complex query, its best to email
If you need somebody to talk to or a listening ear, Samaritans is also available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year on 116 123 or you can email jo@samaritans.org

2 Likes

Welcome Suggsy
Look forward to reading your posts
Warmly Ula

1 Like