In Scotland- how to apply for hand rails etc to be put in at


Does anyone have experience or know how to apply for supportive equipment to be installed around the house? Or even how to apply for an assessment for this type of thing?
Also if anyone knows how to apply for a blue parking badge in Scotland I would really appreciate any advice on how to go about it.
The person it is for is 87 and has suffered with vascular dementia for the last 4 years we haven’t been offered any advice on this so far and aren’t sure who to ask. She is becoming increasingly unsteady on her feet and feels dizzy quite often. I would rather get something in place to prevent a fall rather than waiting for it to happen.
Any advice would be great!

Contact the g.p. for a referral to an O/T or you can do a self referral. A needs assessment can also identify and referral on to other agencies.

Make a claim for attendance allowance A.S.A.P

Thanks a lot!
I sent off an email and a someone is coming out tomorrow to assess for hand rails etc so that’s a step in the right direction.
I’ve never heard of attendance allowance but will have a look into it just now.
Thanks again!

So please the info has been of use.

Attendance allowance is for people over 65 who need help at home because of an illness or disability. You could get: £57.30 a week if you need help either in the day or at night. £85.60 a week if you need help both day and at night.