I'm new

Hey I’m new to all this I have 4 children my eldest was diagnosed with adhd 2 years ago, now 2 days ago my 2nd child was diagnosed too I’m just feeling really overwhelmed I feel so alone in it all sorry for the long post

Hi & welcome Amy

It’s a lot to take in when you receive a diagnosis for a child. Have you waited a long time or did you have your own suspicious. Given you know your own child better than anyone else.

Feel free to write away as much a you like. We are here to read anything you feel like sharing.

Do you have support from the children’s schools.

Dear Amy_2202
Hi im Kristie a volunteer online community host for Carers UK. I am sorry to hear about the difficult position you find yourself in with your second child being diagnosed with adhd. I hope that the fellow carers can give you all the advice that you need.
So welcome to the forum! You are not alone in your caring role and i am sure that many on here will offer you the support that you need. Caring can be very lonely and the pandemic has made caring responsibilities challenging as many carers have been socially restricted and unable to attend social groups etc.
Carers UK are running two online weekly meet-ups for carers and you can find the information on how to register at Care For A Cuppa:-Online meetups | Carers UK. The second online weekly meet-up is called Share And Learn:https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/get-support/share-and-learn-online sessions.
Our telephone number is 0808 808 7777 and is open Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am-6pm. Our email address is (advice@carersuk.org).
They provide information and guidance to unpaid carers. This covers:-
-Benefits And Financial Support
-Your Rights As A Carer In The Workplace
-Carers Assessments And How To Get Support In Your Caring Role
-Services Available To Carers And The People You Care For
-How To Complain Effectively And Challenge Decisions
Best Wishes
Kristie

Hi Amy, welcome to the forum.

How old are your children?
Are you getting any help from the Education Department? Social Services?

Be kind to yourself, it’s a lot to take in.