Ignored by the GP Mental health

I wrote to the doctor 6 weeks ago, concerned about my caree, she signed the letter confirming she agreed.
There has been no reply.
My caree has been assessed by the mental health services but no help given.

My caree is very worried about everything, scared, panicky, clearly needs help with anxiety but has been refused.
She is supposed to self manage herself.
Has she a right to appeal against this decision?

I was rang up yesterday, she was scared witless, someone had banging on the door, probably parcel man or something.
I have been told that i have to go and see the doctor, chat about my carees concerns.
And she has to see the doctor but she barely leaves the house anxiety and panic attacks.
But we have done, this is a long term issue, my caree needs the right help with anxiety/mental health issues.

But the mental health services refuse, she is just not unwell enough.
I have been told to contact Social Services get a carers assessment.
But what my caree needs is the right mental health treatment and support.

It has been suggested go through complaints, complain about the doctor or mental health services or both?
I just don’t know what to do?

Hi Londonbound,

there is info here about making a complaint https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/legal-rights/complaining-about-health-and-social-care/how-to-make-a-complaint/

in the interim, could you arrange a phone or Skype type call with the GP for you and your caree, to discuss issues with the GP? It is unlikely your caree would be given a face to face appointment anyway at the moment. This might work to your carees advantage if they don’t like leaving the house.

Sorry I can’t be of more help, I don’t have experience of dealing with mental health services.