If you need emergency care due to carers incapacity

Hi, I’m new to the forum, so please forgive me if this has been asked before, I’m sure it has.

How can you get emergency care for your parents/loved one’s if you are their live in carer and YOU have an emergency, eg you break your leg, become ill, need an emergency operation, etc?

Are you entitled to any financial support if you need live in carers at short notice?



Hi Matt, and welcome.

Emergency planning of this kind is something that should happen as part of a Carers Assessment, which you can request from your local social services. You have to let them know that you need an emergency plan as part of the assessment as they rarely do it automatically, from my experience.