Hello to all

Today is rough. Since my job is dealing with photos all day, I have all of the photos with my wife. Going on 3 years since her stroke, I find it harder and harder to match the woman in the pictures to my memories. I don’t remember what she looked like. I don’t remember what she sounded like. There is no “then”, there is only “now.” I understand that the fact that she can talk at all is nothing short of a miracle. Brain tumor, surgery, radiation therapy, recurrence, seizures, and a stroke, all withing milimeters of her speech center should have taken that away. I really am grateful. But I am just tired. I see her struggle and it hurts me physically.omegle
xender

Be kind to yourself today. Some days are worse than others, it’s always worse when you are tired.
Are you getting any extra help?

Hello Reene

Firstly welcome to our forum, I’m sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment, but you have definitely come to the right place to talk and connect with others who will know exactly what you are experiencing. Aside from our forum we are also running some online sessions for carers, so they can take an hour out and chat or listen to other carers. We had a lot of new people join the sessions recently and many have said how useful they’ve found them. There’s no pressure to share anything you’re not comfortable with. And of course Reene, you might already be aware of the sessions but here’s the info just in case.

You can find information on how to register to our online meetups at the following pages:

Care for a Cuppa: Online meetups | Carers UK - This social is a great way to have a little break if you are able to and spend some quality time talking to people who understand what you are going through right now.

Share and Learn: Share and Learn | Carers UK - these sessions range from creative writing activities to beginners Latin dance sessions.

Please have a look at the attached Reene.

with kind regards
Ingrid

Hello & Welcome Reene

Sorry to read of your wife’s condition it can be really tough being a husband and carer. I put husband and then carer but as many who provide will know. We become the carer first and the spouse second. We do on occasions grieve for what was and is no longer there. Be heartened in the fact you are not alone! Many carers recognise your pain and how you feel right now. Tiredness comes in many forms in the caring role. Mental physical and emotional and being the one now responsible keeping the family going.

You are here with like minded carers who understand!

What ages are you and your wife? What kinds of support do you have?