health budgets

hi has anybody on the forum had experience of using health budgets for their carees. my daughter receives CHC funding and which is currently used for 24/7 care + extra for double ups and accessing the community. we have been using an agency for this since april.
previously to this when she was being funded by LA we used Direct Payments.
I have lots of issues with the agency and despite many meetings with them we are still having issues and I have had enough really. not sure how the CCG will react if I ask them to go down the Health Budget route so that is why I am interested to find somebody that uses them.

Hi Pamela.

NOT an answer but … given how quiet this forum has been over the past week … something to keep you going.

( Like your local high street … plenty of window shopping ( Views ) but hardly anyone buying ( Posts ). )

One of the links on the main CHC / NHS Continuing Healthcare thread … one with forum replies which might prove to be
of assistance here :

NHS Continuing Healthcare at home - how much care should you have?

In case you need it , the main thread :

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-and-advice/all-about-caring/chc-coughlan-grogan-judgements-nhs-contuing-healthcare-nhs-fnc-hospital-discharges-all-under-this-one-thread-35998

First thing is dealing with the ongoing agency issues, call in SS and CQC if issues are not being satisfactorily resolved.
I have successfully changed from the recommended agencies to a team of my own choosing due to many issues with the agency, I looked up their CQC inspection history and found them to be below par and this gave me a basis to reject them

If you have exhausted the complains process with said agency and escalating to SS and CQC (not that they do much ) and still have issues you do need to speak to SW and case manager with CCG regarding either PHP or changing to a different agency.

Who can have a personal health budget?

Adults eligible for NHS Continuing Healthcare and > children in receipt of continuing care have had a right to have a personal health budget since October 2014 > and they will become the default option for delivering care to those people eligible from 1 April 2019.

Since April 2016, there has been an expectation that personal health budgets will become available for more groups of people, including people with a learning disability or autism or both. The Department of Health and Social Care have announced that the legal right to a personal health budget will be extended to people who access wheelchair services whose posture and mobility needs impact their wider health and social care needs and to those eligible for section 117 aftercare services.

For information about personal health budgets in your area, please refer to your local clinical commissioning group’s (CCG) website.

In order to support all areas to be able to introduce personal health budgets successfully, NHS England is running an ongoing programme of support for all CCGs, as well as other relevant groups of health and social care professionals, and professionals working in the voluntary and community sector.

From https://www.england.nhs.uk/personal-health-budgets/what-are-personal-health-budgets-phbs/