This is my first post here but a long time member.

My husband and I have, after 3 long years, been awarded social housing and are awaiting a move in date.

I am his carer but I have to also work part time to be able to pay our crippling rent at the moment.

Does anyone know if there’s anyone that does grants for flooring?

Not only do I care for him, I have a neurological sleep disorder so my perpetual brain fog can make no sense of the turn 2 us website.

Any pointers are gratefully received

Hi Lisa and welcome,

I’m sorry I don’t have any knowledge on grants of this, a lot of the grants I know about are for families with disabled children. It doesn’t mean there aren’t any though.

You could contact the Citizens Advice Bureau

or you could try the Carers UK helpline

You can email us at > > and we will respond to your enquiries within 10 working days, although it can often be sooner.

Our telephone helpline providing information is open from Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm - 0808 808 7777


Hi Lisa

Would you consider your financial situation as being classed as low income couple.

There are grants for most items it’s just knowing where to apply.

What disabilities do you either or both have - other than the one you have already mentioned? Some charity grants are given for certain disabilities etc.

What help do you get for your neurological sleep disorder?

Most charities but not exclusively look at people claiming benefits such as housing benefit and council tax.