Dissociation Identity Disorder

Hi,
I am just curious if anyone has any experience with DID? My partner is Bipolar with ADHD, PTSD and DID episodes. He has recently had a psychotic break and, due to being messed around by mental health help, is at home, but what started as episodes of DID they are almost constant- like I don’t recognise him anymore- something behind his eyes has gone. We talk about his alters a lot - he only has a few he knows of and I do recognise them. He has always been coherent with it before and mainly in control and I can trust what he says but now he feels he is losing grasp on his main identity- which is scaring me, he look so lost and confused. We are going through a tough time with him having extreme suicidal ideations the past month, starting on some new meds to help with his Bipolar. He is my best friend- my rock and I feel I am losing him. I just don’t know what to do to help. I am waiting on another Psych apt which will hopefully lead to therapy- but I am worried that the NHS dont have anything for DID and currently we cannot afford to pay for private. Just hoping if anyone has any knowledge that would help. I would appreciate it.

I have no experience or knowledge to help you with, I wish I had.
Good luck with the referral.
I hope you are in contact with MIND and other relevant associations that could be supportive to you.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Again, I’ve no experience of DID, so I would start here: https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/conditions/dissociative-disorders/ - most of it you will be aware of but near the bottom of the page there is a link for MIND, which has resources for these types of condition and links to support groups specifically for DID.

I hope they can provide what you need.

Thank you Breezey for your acknowledgment of my post and your reply - Yes I am- thank you.

Thank you Charles, I will have a look, I am in contact with MIND, just reaching out for all the help I can - thankyou.