Disabled son and husband advice universal credit

Hi. My husband and i are on universal credit he receives pips as he has a broken back and osteoporosis and receives carers allowance for my disabled son who has down syndrome and is partially blind and receives esa and full pips he is 32. I receive carers allowance for my husband. We privately rent our home and receive housing benefit and council tax. Is it possible for my son to claim universal credit without it affecting our claim. Thank you for your help

Hi Nicola,

welcome to the forum.

I suggest your contact the helpline,

Our telephone helpline providing information is open from Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm - 0808 808 7777
or you can email us at > adviceline@carersuk.org > and we will respond to your enquiries within 10 working days, although it can often be sooner.