Childcare funding

Hi everyone I’m a full time carer for my brother who is autistic I am claming carers allowance and i take my brother to weekly appointments but I have a child of my own who is 17 months old he is currently going through the terrible 2s and is making it hard work for me to attend the appointments as I can’t get any child care I did used to bring him but he is becoming very disruptive lately and it’s just getting to hard to bring him along I was just wondering does any one know if I can get funded childcare for a child under 2 years old? I’m a single working house hold and can’t afford to pay for him to go nursery as the prices can be very expensive I know from the age of 2 I can get 15 hours funded but I can’t find anything for under 2’s can anybody help me?

Hi Selina and welcome,

I suggest you contact the helpline for advice

You can email us at > adviceline@carersuk.org > and we will respond to your enquiries within 10 working days, although it can often be sooner.

Our telephone helpline providing information is open from Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm - 0808 808 7777

Melly1