*Carers, self employed and childcare*

I’m looking to set up a business and therefore will be self employed. I am a carer for one of my children and get carers allowance. I also have younger children, one of which will be in childcare whilst I work. I see that with the carers allowance I can put childcare as an expense as long as it is no more than 50% of my income but is this an allowance for tax purposes too. Can I put my childcare costs through on my expenses for the tax year when doing self assessment? Thanks

Can I put my childcare costs through on my expenses for the tax year when doing self assessment? Thanks

Tax-Free Childcare For The Self-Employed | Crunch
__

What is the Tax-Free Childcare scheme ?

Tax-Free Childcare is a government scheme that offers working families (including the self-employed) support towards childcare costs. You could get up to £500 every three months (£2,000 a year) for each child to put towards approved childcare (including childminders, nurseries, and nannies). The childcare provider needs to meet certain criteria, be signed up to the government’s scheme and be registered with a regulator such as Ofsted.

When it comes to costs associated with self employment and allowable against tax , always best to bounce directly of the TaxMan :

Contact HMRC - GOV.UK

When it comes to ANY form of employment , the weekly limit is £ 123 … 1p over and one can kiss goodbye to Carers Allowance.

I will assume that the DoleMan follows the same rules as the TaxMan when it comes to " Deductible expenses " before arriving
at a figure ?

Carer's Allowance | Carers UK