Carers in general

is it just me or are we all the same?
i feel as if i am being penalised i had to give up work over 10 years ago im a tradesman who was earning £500 a week now i have never been so skint. When you look at the cost it would cost the government to send carers 4 times a day. i just feel so isolated and my health has deteriorated steadily and now on anti - depression medication i would like to know if there is anyone experiencing the same issues
Thanks. W Speirs

Join the chorus appearing on all forums since the first one appeared in 2004.

Our Lord Kitch will explain for those who may have doubts :

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/news-and-campaigns/latest-caring-news/lord-kitch-poster-our-tombstone-all-our-concerns-under-one-thread-some-20-years-veterans-make-up-the-majority-27982?hilit=lord%20kitch

Perhaps one day , our two supporting organisations will launch a joint campaign that will satisfy the 7.8 million carer army ?

" No family / kinship carer should face poverty and lack of support just for caring " … or something similar ?
( It’s not as if one of the two have a clear mandate from their members to do so. )

Finances and support … both severely lacking in CarerLand.

Contact your local authority get a carers assessment done and print off the care act 2 copies one for you and one for them and highlight your rights and fight for them go to your MP/MSP/MEP as they take them more seriously.

You should be getting paid an individual budget for a set number of care hours you give per week some family carers are being paid 60 hours per week to look after loved ones.

Hi William,
There is a part of me which always feels sad that I could never use all my talents. I spent over four years studying for a degree, so I could get a good job, and get out of the house more. It never happened, because there was no holiday respite for my son with learning difficulties. Within 6 weeks of him going into residential care, my mum had an operation that went wrong, and I was caring for her too!

When did you last have a complete break for a week or two. I suspect you need one now?

__

You should be getting paid an individual budget for a set number of care hours you give per week some family carers are being paid 60 hours per week to look after loved ones.

If so , will not be long before both the TaxMan and DoleMan take a keen interest ?

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-and-advice/all-about-caring/direct-payments-paying-a-family-member-to-care-no-but-the-jury-is-out-30902?hilit=direct%20payments

All up the stratosphere pending a law case … and a judgement to finally settle this one once and for all !

BACK TO THREAD !