Carer moving to universal credit

So time has come, universal credit application. Ughh.
Do I continue to claim carers allowance? What about e.s.a new style. Totally confused.

UC ?

The nature of the beast :
Universal Credit explained | MoneyHelper

Possibly , the best guide on the net.

Extra strong coffee is to be recomended before reaing !

No real problems except … if you are currently claiming any INCOME related benefits.

The pitfalls and mines discovered so far may be found on the main UNIVERSAL CREDIT thread … now , a very long read !

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-and-advice/carer-disability-benefits/universal-credit-uc-rollout-schedule-mines-sanctions-changes-delays-reports-from-infected-manors-30601?hilit=universal%20credit

Online benefits calculator :

Turn2us Benefits Calculator

Why not take it for a test run ?

Confused as to the figures revealed ???

Thanks Chris,as always.
I had tried to wade through that very long thread, gave up lack of patience?
So it seems carers allowance is taken off universal credit so is there any point being a carer?
New e.s.a is taken off? So what’s the point in that?

__

So it seems carers allowance is taken off universal credit so is there any point being a carer?
New e.s.a is taken off? So what’s the point in that?

In essence , thrown back into the pot and regurgitated into new payments within UC.

The common misconception is that UC is a benefit.

It is a collection of individual benefits that make up the combined payment … known as UC.

Unlike old money benefits , some now " Clash " with those which make up UC … hence my reference to mines.

Look on the entitled to website for your exact circumstances and it will tell you what you should be applying for. If you get confused or your having difficulty applying then the council one stop shops or the CAB/Welfare rights will help you and ensure your applying for the right benefit.