What does it actually mean?

I am properly behind understanding this…

What does it mean for couples who are on housing benefit and one in under state pension age.

If the one under state pension age is also a carer and claiming carers allowance. No other work.

I understand from May 19th if your circumstances change. I think income or move properties you have to make a new claim through U C.

Mmmm … recent change in Pension Credit for some … 19 May being the operative date ?

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-and-advice/carer-disability-benefits/pension-credit-cutback-announced-kiss-goodbye-to-anything-upto-7-000-after-15-may-36116

__

It means couples where only one partner is over the state pension age, which is now 65 for both men and women, will no longer receive the extra benefit.

It will take effect from 15 May, when the partner below the pension age is required to make a claim for universal credit, which merges six working-age benefits into a single payment.

“This change to the benefit rules means that some couples could lose thousands of pounds depending on whether their claim falls a day before or a day after the May deadline,” warned Sir Steve Webb, a former pensions minister.

What we know can be found in that thread,