Waiting for partner to be sectioned

Hi I’m very anxious asi wait for drs to come and assess my partner under the mental health act the nurses came today and he basically told them to do one .our life wasn’t meant to be like this we had a lovely happy relationship 2 lovely boys happy for years he was diagnosed in 2005 with schizophrenia and put on meds which he took and was taking up till 4 years ago we were violently robbed in our home and this made his paranoias worse now he talks and rants to himself it’s driving us mad in the house I had to call them back to help me with him as it’s agonising living like this,wish me luck thanks for listening I don’t have anyone to turn to as I have just lost my mum to cancer friends are no longer anywhere to be found can’t blame them really xxxx

Huge HUGS from me Rachel, such a difficult situation.

Feel very sad for you Rachel. It’s a very difficult time. Am sure with the correct assessment and medication things will improve.

Thankyou for you taking time to read my post And your kind words I just needed to get it out there I’m still waiting

Hope you don’t have to wait too long Rachel and gets the help he needs.

Melly1

Hi Rachel,
We are here for you. You are not alone.
Have the Drs arrived yet? I hope they have.
If your partner is still with you just try to reassure him that things will be ok. Try to keep the atmosphere calm and don’t ask him to do anything . (Apologies if this all seems obvious).

Hi Rachel,

I was with my Father on two occasions when he was detained under the Mental Health Act.

How are you today? I hope you’re able to get out and sit in the sunshine today.