Struggling with caring role

I am carer for my mum who has vascular dementia .she has declined in the past 3 weeks or so but it has been hard for the past 4 and half years.she started to show signs 6 months after my dad died but was only diagnosed last August. Things have been really bad with delusions and paranoia and more recent not knowing she lives in her own house.I am the point where I can’t do it anymore and so low that I have thought of ending my life but I know that’s not going to help mum. I have spoken to a councillor but can’t say everything i need to because I get to upset and can’t get the words out.I have been emailing Samaritan’s they gave me this link.I find writing how I feel easier than talking about it. Thanks.

Hi, This must be so difficult. I know how hard it can be to explain, especially deep, painful emotions to a counsellor. Have you tried writing them out in a letter and handing that to them to read? Maybe that would help you to express some of what you are feeling? Have you spoken to your GP about how you are feeling? Sometimes, they have a lot of useful information and connections that could help as well as making sure you are okay. Its hard to admit you are feeling suicidal, but you need to let someone know how you are really struggling. Do you have any other family that help with the caring burden?