Respite payments

Have booked hubby into a Revitalise week in March (currently 50 percent off for the month of March)
have contacted adult care for them to finance this…:face_with_hand_over_mouth: in the meantime I have paid as only
A few weeks to go, so in this instance all the money is due anyway…last year when asking
if I paid for a holiday will we get money back they tell me “We cannot pay for a holiday retrospectively”
Why not? If the person would have been entitled anyway? (Please be gentle with this term Entitled!):face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Good offer like this respite holiday (Places go like hot cakes) …Brings to the issue of assessment
As we got with a previous Council, allocation was 42 days per year …This LA seems to not want to
give anything! Without a fight😞As far as we are concerned contacted Adult Care same day as booking
This respite. This LA told me last year to let them know when wanting a break! Respectfully each LA
works differently but should still give respite allowance?:hugs:

Post code lottery at best !

Also , a North / South divide within that … as in London , even more stark !

What maybe available last year is not available this year … plenty on that in the main LA thread.

Would be different if in writing … something to " Enforce " as a first step ?

Carers assessment … upto date ?

Anything in that to help your position ?

Internet search … GRANTS FOR FAMILY CARERS FOR RESPITE CARE … will reveal some external possiilities … after
eliminating all those who offer such services … provided , of course , one has the monies available … or successfully
applies to one’s LA for a grant … a needle in a haystack job ?

( Earlier this morning , posted in the main LA thread … 1 in 5 LAs are reducing adult care services. )

Only recently , a rep from Crossroads ( Part of Carers Trust ) posted on the forum offering such a service along these lines.

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-and-advice/tips-and-practical-advice/respite-sitting-service-36304

In this case , beware of " Charities " bearing gifts … at a price ?

Suffice to say , respite care … freely available … at a price few can afford !

Never decreasing circles.