Hi I’m a mum of 3 girls, one of which has had mental health issues in the past and now is having asthma problems, (I’m not sure if it’s still mental health as she’s not presenting as a typical asthmatic ) I’m constantly on edge and feel so anxious all the time, shes so moody and awful to us all, she spends a lot of time in her room and sleeps most of the day and is up most of the night, we are in A and E most weeks with her breathing (all the tests she has always come back ok, though her heart rate is alway so hight) we are under Addenbrookes at the mo and are waiting for numerous test results to come back. I’m struggling at the mo and I’m not sure what to do or where to go, I work with little ones as my day job and have had all the training in mental health but it’s not the same when it’s your own.

Hi Nicky … welcome to an extremely quiet forum as I type.

To save you waiting for a reader to offer their insight , I can recommend MIND :

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/

If they cannot see a positive way forward , nobody else out there probably can ?

__

Helplines.

Mind offers two confidential mental health information services, the Mind Infoline and the Legal Line.
>

Probably busier than ever as the meltdown in mental health support services continues … at an even greater pace :

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/specific-disabilities-conditions/mental-health/mental-health-services-under-resourced-yes-suicide-prevention-minister-and-related-reports-covering-the-meltdown-34595

HI Nicky, have you asked Social Services for a Carers Assessment?
This isn’t about whether or not you are a good carer, but looking at what you are doing, and if they can offer any additional help to you.
Make sure it is done in complete privacy, away from your family, so you can speak freely.

What ages are your children. What age is the one with health issues.
Do you keep a diary when these attacks episodes occur.

Hi thank you for your reply, my girls are 14,17 and the one I’m talking about Is 18 as you can see she’s classed as an adult so I’m totally powerless with most professions if I want to get help as I need her permission, it’s so hard as sometimes she compliant but , most of the time not! My daughter keeps a strict diary of everything which does help when we go to A and E .

Thank you all for your messages as she’s 18 my hands are tied, trying to get help is so hard, it really shouldn’t be like this if a person needs help I should as her mum be able to override any barriers put in my way, but unfortunate this is not the case.

Does your daughter notice any patterns in her dairies. Your daughter can share information with you by giving her consent.