New to the forum

Hi, I’m new to this forum - my name’s Neil and I live with my fiancee whom has many mental health illnesses that stem from child hood. We live near Portsmouth and I’ve joined this forum for help and just chatting as many times the services aren’t useful and bring a career to her I need some release point and be able to chat

Welcome to the forum.
Do you come under Hampshire CC, or Portsmouth?
I the other end of Hampshire, in the New Forest.

We are under Portsmouth in housing but Havant as in council :thinking:. Thankyou for the welcome

Hi Neil

Welcome to our forum. I’m not sure how much information you have seen on our website, but I just wanted to make you are aware of other ways you can connect with carers through Carers UK.

Over the last couple of years we’ve run a selection of online zoom meetings, giving carers a chance to come together and talk to each other online.

There are two types of sessions to choose from or come to both, firstly we have our weekly care for a cuppa session, which is a weekly social for carers to come together and spend quality time talking to other who understand what you are going through. There’s no pressure to share anything you’re not comfortable with, if you would like to join us please have a look at the attached link : Online meetups | Carers UK

We also run weekly share and learn sessions, these session range from creative activities to beginner dance lessons, please have a look at the attached link Neil and see if one grabs your attention.
https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/get-support/share-and-learn-online-sessions

And of course there is our Carers UK’s helpline should you need advice or support - Our Telephone Helpline is available on 0808 808 7777 from Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm or you can contact us by email (advice@carersuk.org)

Please have a look at the links Neil, we would love you to join in one of our sessions, if you haven’t already done so.

with kind regards
Ingrid