My DAD

MY DAD HAD COPD AND ELARY SIGINS OFF DEMENTIA AND HE NEED HELP EVERY DAY DURING THE MORNING BUT NOT AT NIGHT BECAUSE HE IS A SLEEP AT NIGHT BUT SOMETIMES HE ALWAYS SHOUT AND DINT GET HE OWN WAY WHEN MY MUMS GOES AND I GOES OUT HE PLAYS UP AND SAYING YOU KEEP ME INDOORS ON MY OWN SO I WANT ADVICE WITH THIS PLEASE………. Thanks

Ps I am disabled and I got a speech problems and I am dyslexic as well

Hello Bethany & welcome

I’m sorry to read of you Dad’s health problems and his dementia. What level if your Dad’s dementia i.e recently diagnosis or had dementia for sometime.

Have a read of the above link which perhaps there maybe some help to signpost you to support.
Do you and your Mum go out together. Do you think you Dad may feel scared left alone. Is he able to articulate his needs and wont’s.

Does Dad have a alarm pendant. Would Dad know what to do in an emergency if left alone. There is no judgement here on you or your Mum. But it would help if you could answer the questions. As it would be helpful in knowing what to suggest.

Tell us more

Hi Bethany

Welcome , I think from your post your Dad is frustrated at not going out while you and your mum go out sometimes? Maybe he could go to a Dementia Cafe or daycare group where he could do some social activities?

Do you or your mum get any help from Social Services as Carers? Are there any local Carer support groups in your area?

I’m pasting a link below from the Alzheimers Association (who help with all types of dementia) about helping carers of people with dementia.

This is a link to see if there is any local support near you