Mum in assessment home, I feel so lost

Dear Vee, Thank you so much for your kind reply. Yes, taking a toll is a good way to describe it. I have also been through this process before with other family although in different circumstances. This is the most complex and long term process to date and I think I am just physically and mentally worn out. Thank you for your wise words about being kind to yourself - it sounds so simple but I am realising is quite profound and very necessary. I am getting through all the various steps to sort out my mum and congratulating myself. But self care and looking after my own home has been low on the list. I am feeling more hope now that I have found somewhere I think is suitable for my mum near by. I hope she will come to feel as relaxed and at home as it sounds your mum was. X

Hi how lovely to hear from you . You sound more positive, i hope that your mum does like and settle in her new home. I remember so much those decisions and the responcibility to get it right or as right as possible. The wheels of the NHS and social care seem to run so slowly.
I hope that life will settle down now for you and allow you to catch up with things foryou and your family as well . hopefully with fun too.
Take care Vee

It is a very sad time, the end of an era, rather like a bereavement, as we know that nothing is going to be the same ever again. If I was driving near mum’s house, where she lived for 50 years,I would often call in for a cuppa and a chat. She moved into a nursing home in 2014 - can it really be 10 years ago?
Mum was disabled but watched a lot of TV, documentaries etc., and I shall always think that we had the best conversations. Now when I drive along the road I always feel sad for her, she suffered terribly from arthritis.
Some years are better than others, this year is going to be more subdued than others, but always remember that mum is lucky to have a daughter nearby to support her, many people don’t.