Mother in hospital, have requested chc assessment

Yes … but what a " Price " to have to pay to get it ???

How very true Chris.

Earlier today the district nurse told me that the only chc funding they ever saw awarded was fast track … They cited examples of people not getting high enough scores!!! Not enough severes … Err what about the Ciughlan case? I argued. She didnt have any severes. The decision making tool isnt a score sheet!

Honestly. What a system.

Make it up as they go along to suit the moment!! Grr.

For those masochists wanting to explore the whole question of CHC / NHS Continuing Healthcare further … the following exchange in the House in June 2018 will prove to be of interest :

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2018-06-13/debates/528FA28D-5BF6-46AF-A4F2-EDDADAB82170/TerminalIllnessesContinuingHealthcare?highlight=chc%20nhs%20continuing%20healthcare#contribution-45697BA8-4BB4-4406-AC20-64CA4FD30FEC

A taster of what to expect :

__

One of the key issues highlighted by the NAO and the PAC was how the clinical commissioning groups—CCGs for short: they are responsible for administering and approving eligibility for continuing healthcare—are not being held to account for delays in assessments and eligibility decisions. In 2015 and 2016, a third of patients had to wait for longer than 28 days for a decision on their eligibility for continuing healthcare. The Government said in their response to the PAC report that 80% of assessments are conducted within 28 days, and that they will regularly monitor the effectiveness of the assessment procedure. That percentage—80%—sounds huge, but I wonder and worry about the other 20% of patients who are not receiving such assessments.

Do not send me the bill if your monitor screen suffers " Accidential " damage whilst reading !!!