Informal carer and ' essential care '

I am a carer for my son, who has an autistic spectrum condition, and he does not live with me. In general I provide support with finance and administration, appointments, personal hygiene maintenance, health and wellbeing planning, housing issues and emotional support.
Under the new rules (23/03/2020) there is an exception for leaving the house “…to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.”
In the Guidance on Social Distancing for everyone in the UK it states “…significantly limit your face to face interaction …with family…” Also “…contact family to let them know…that they should not visit you…unless they are providing essential care for you. Essential care includes things like help with washing, dressing, or preparing meals.” Further it states, " If you receive essential care from…family members, speak to your carers about extra precautions they can take to keep you safe. you may find this guidance on Home care provision useful.
The Guidance on Home care provision is aimed at Local Authorities, clinical commissioning groups and registered providers, who support and deliver care to people in their own home.
I find the guidance to be lacking in detail and clarity. Is a ’ vulnerable person’ referring to people defined in other guidance as older people 70+ and people with underlying health conditions, or, more generally with a learning disability, physical disability, mental health issues or long term health condition?
For ‘essential care’ it states “includes things like…” which suggests to me giving some examples, so what else is classified as essential care?