How To Get Husband To Doctors?

I think my aspie husband is getting early onset dementia .Over the last year he has forgotten how to do many things and his sense of direction has plummeted .His Mum has Alzheimers and my Mum had dementia so I am fairly sure it’s one of them .I have spoken to him about going to the doctors but he won’t hear of it .What should I do ? thank you .

I wrote to my late husband’s doctor and explained my concerns etc.
He then asked to see my husband which worked. Hubby actually allowed me to go with him!
Worth a try

Thank you Pet66 , that may just work .

Hi BG - I would suggest as Pet did, contact his GP and explain the situation and the GP should take the initiative to take the pressure off you and deflect any accusation of trying to force him to do something he doesn’t want to do. GP’s have to deal with this sort of thing all the time so they are used to finding ‘excuses’ to request a patient pop in.

Thanks Chris ,it’s an awkward situation .

Yes, so hard to get him to do what is clearly best for him. Been there with my Dad and that was a miserable time.

Good luck

1 Like