Have to wait too long for help.

Heya. Do not give up. Try contacting your local MP once more to see if that makes a difference or not. Also threaten to sell your entire story to the newspapers in order to make them take notice of your dire situation. Perhaps also request a urgent referral to mental health services.
Ask your family doctor to write a letter to get the ball rolling. I remember seeing on another website in January that people all over the nation had the same issue. So the lack of appointments everywhere seems to be a countrywide problem. You are in my prayers though.

Have you made a formal written request to Social Services asking for a “Care Act Advocate” for you and for mum?
This will give you both someone to stand up for you as far as Social Services are concerned.
I found one a huge help with Social Services in the past.

I know it’s a countrywide problem. Sadly I see the effect of it all in my job too. A care home in my work area (not home area) slightly different councils is shutting down forcing their residents to move. They say there is not enough money, but is just about priorities. My council seems to find the money to build accommodations for those less in need.

I am just totally fed up of fighting social services. As I have said before mum is like a child, yes she understands things and can be social. But isn’t that what 5 year olds do? Social services just don’t even seem to understand that mum doesn’t understand nor try to understand how to do these complicated things. This is the woman that doesn’t know how to turn the TV on despite me telling her a million times.

Mental health are aware of the situation, but mental health services are useless. All they want to do is say “go for a walk, have a coffee.”

1 Like