Energy bills rise

Hello, I’m a carer for my mother who has Parkinsons and dementia and live with her. I’ve only just looked at her energy bills as she has direct debit payments.

I just want to check this is right, because I’ve seen on the news the average bill will be £400 per month after all the increases.

But last night I saw that since January, her bill has gone up from £204 to £417 since June. After the 80% rise in October that means it will then be £750 per month and after the next 50% increase early next year it will be £1125 per month?

That seems a lot higher than the predicted £400 average per month. I don’t know if I’m missing something here, we do use the washing machine a couple of times a day, but other than that nothing is overly used as far as I’m aware.

I realise this is a very difficult time for everyone in this respect, but If anyone can help shine any light on the matter it would be much appreciated.

George

1 Like

Is the bill worked out on actual metre readings or estimated.

If estimated they are likely to be over estimated.

Also worth putting the washing machine on a lower temp wash and shorter time.

I.e. if she usually has a 60 degree wash for 3.55 hrs for instance then try 40 degrees for an hour and a half.

I believe you can even do 30 min washes too.

Avoid the tumble dryer and have washing hanging to dry. Although I guesse this will be challenging as I know a lot of people are simply not going to put their heating on.

Can’t believe it’s come to this.

1 Like