Covid pass nhs app

hi i saw this about nhs covid pass Covid vaccine passport is here after change to NHS app - official | Evening Standard

i heard that the nhs was being updated to show if you have had vaccine , tests , etc i looked on the nhs app on the phone and i could not see what this was as we like a lot of people have been jabbed twice the only thing we have is the covid passport card that they give you after vaccine , i looked online and reg with nhs for a covid pass today 29 july 2021 i got a email with like to paper format of a covid pass but the expirey date is the 1 aug 2021 all though had both vaccines done early this year can anyone advise about this covid pass / app thanks

Dean,

a friend of ours can prove she is double vaccinated via an app on her phone. Some countries won’t accept this so a paper letter can be ordered and collected from the GP.

This the link to get the NHS app NHS App and your NHS account - NHS

This article explains how to get the letter:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/

This the link to get the NHS app NHS App and your NHS account - NHS

There is also a pass - this might be what you have? It just states your Covid status at the time i.e. if you have had a negative test etc NHS COVID Pass - NHS

Melly1

hi thanks for your reply we have both got the nhs covid app on the mobile phones according to the goverment the app was to be updated with your vaccine . tests. etc to prove you have not got covid , as the app on the phone did not show aythig that was updated i reg on nhs to get covid pass and i done that today when the pass came through it was in download or email format only look at the end date
DEAN MARTIN
2D barcode expires: 1 August 2021 at 6.08am
How to use your NHS COVID Pass Understanding your 2D barcode code
This 2D barcode code has been issued by the NHS based on your test and vaccination results to help verify that you’ve been vaccinated against COVID-19 - or tested negative.
What does the code show?
Scanning the code will show your name, confirm your test or vaccination, and an expiry date. The duration of its validity depends on whether you were tested or vaccinated.
What can I do with this code?
These 2D barcodes are being issued as part of the NHS COVID PASS service. If you need to prove your COVID-19 status at settings that have opted in, show this 2D barcode so it can be scanned with the NHS COVID Pass verifier. You must continue to follow all destination and government guidelines, including the wearing of masks and social distancing.
What to do when my barcode expires?
Your 2D barcode expires 30 days from the date of issue. You can generate a new one by logging in to the NHS App, visiting the NHS COVID Pass section, then download or email yourself a new PDF copy.

What a lot of messing around!!!

Dean,

glad you got it sorted. So it was the barcode that expired in a few days rather than the vaccine pass.

Melly1

i only got it today , how do you know if you have had vaccine tests etc by looking at that doc there is nothing in the nhs app to say you have had vaccine we have only got the covid vaccine pass that you are given after you have vaccine i though all this info was suppose to be on the nhs app ? what i have seen that i got this today it is suppose to last 30 days why does it end on the 1st august 2021