CHC / NHS Continuing Healthcare : MAIN thread now missing?

No sign of it this morning … I have asked the Greens to investigate … hopefully , back soon ?
https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-and-advice/all-about-caring/chc-nhs-continuing-healthcare-chapter-and-verse-under-one-thread-guidelines-and-links-32532

It’s entirely my fault :blush:

I was deleting 500+ spam messages this morning and I have inadvertently deleted it along with the spam. :frowning:

I will contact the IT guys to see if they can reinstate it but I think the answer will be “no”.

Thanks Susie.

Not so much my time and effort needed … more a case of those desperately seeking what’s in that thread.

My thoughts are with them.
The thread will be around , just need to resurrect from whatever recycling bin … assuming not permanently deleted from the hard drive.

Same thing happened a few years back and I seem to recall from then that once a topic is deleted it can’t be re-instated (one of the reasons that we need to take extra care when deleting stuff !).

I’ve reported it and hope the IT guys can sort it out (If it can be done it all it can only be done by them.)

FOR ALL READERS.
Shout if you need anything on CHC / NHS Contuing Healthcare and I will post links to specific areas … will start work on the " Mark 2 " version in a few minutes time ( Assuming orignial thread cannot be retrieved ) … and post the Mark 2 later today.

Given the subject matter , not one issue that can be left swinging in the wind … number of " Reads " and posting of the originial link in numerous threads are evidence enough.

If the orginal returns , no harm done … just a question of a delay.

If anyone wants to see any changes , now is the time to let me know !

Still no " Ink " function … so we are all left with my effort to make the new thread as clear and easy to follow.

Long shot … anyone downland / copy the original thread ( Not bookmark it ) … and can send me a copy ???

" Happy new year , Chris " … feels more like the 1st. April ?

Susie, I’ve only had to report one spam message recently, so I’m dismayed to hear about the 500. Thank you for all the “backroom work” you do for all of us.

Me to Susie. I thought that the spammers had given up!! How wrong could I be.
Thanks for being there for us

Mark 2 thread now up and posted :

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-and-advice/all-about-caring/chc-nhs-contuing-healthcare-mark-2-main-thread-all-you-need-to-know-hopefully-35998

HOSPITAL DISCHARGE BIT ADDED … SAVES ME POSTING IT EVERY OTHER THREAD ?

LESS LINKS , MORE TEXT … STILL DIFFICULT TO TAKE IN ON FIRST / SECOND READING ???

PLEASE TAKE IT FOR A TEST DRIVE AND LET ME KNOW HOW IT READS … ANYTHING MISSING ?
STILL WORK ON PROGRESS BUT … AT LEAST IT’S BACK UP ???

IF " OKAY " … PLEASE MAKE IT A " STICKY " … AND THEN DELETE THIS THREAD.

( " Thanks Chris " … " Your welcome ! " )

I’ve made your Mark 2 topic a sticky, but will not delete this one yet as I’ve given Admin a link to it ! (as today is a Bank Holiday there won’t be any staff about until tomorrow)

Thanks Susie … probably let the Mark 2 run … I think it’s better … although my opinion counts for nothing … it’s the readers seeking that information and finding it easy to follow , clear , and concise what’s important !

Classic … what the BOOK says … and what’s actually happening out there ???

Even former carers now join the ranks of current carers by working on a public holiday ???

" Once you’re in , you’re in for LIFE , pal ! "

Still … could have been worse … the FOODBANK thread !!!

What’s next for today … creaking floorboards finally giving way and my Polish neighbours drop in for a mug of tea / coffee … literally ?

I hope they bring a little drop of something to liven the beverage up !

A plateful of those white sausages … with a dollop of Coleman’s finest … wouldn’t go amiss either !

Lizzie and I are back at work tomorrow and will try to retrieve the deleted posts then.

Thanks very much to the moderators for all they have done to maintain the forum over Christmas and New Year.

Michael

No need for this one Michael … already done and improved.

Time waits for no … family / kinship carer ?

and a BIG thank you to all posters providing help / advice / guidance to others on the forum over the so called " Festive " period … from us all on this forum to each other.

Special mention also to the many volunteers making sure the foodbanks were stocked up … benefiting just how many of our fellow carers and their carees ? … and Christmas meals and shelter provided for the homeless … for many , now a daily task !

" Charity " … or should that be " Necessity " ? … in the true sense of the word … and how it should be !

Happy New Year everyone. Thank you for bringing the deleted posts to our attention. I have heard back from IT and sadly they cannot retrieve the deleted posts. :frowning:

Chris - as the author of this thread, if you can remember what was on there, do feel free to re-post.

Already done Lizzie.

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-and-advice/all-about-caring/chc-nhs-contuing-healthcare-nhs-fnc-hospital-discharges-all-under-this-one-thread-35998

Now includes NHS NFC and hospital discharges … BOTH very relevant when anyone looks at the bigger picture.

Something CUK itself should bear in mind when publishing it’s own guidance ???

CUK can only learn from the postings on this forum !

A couple of hours and back with the Mark 2 version inside of 3 hours of being aware that the old thread had been deleted.

On a so called " Public " holiday as well.

As posted earlier , time waits for no … family / kinship carer.

We do all things differently on this forum … as your ventures into it have shown.

In CarerLand … for many … a golden rule … it’s a case of doing everything one’s self as no other one will do it for you.

Actually , Susie did me a favour … I consider the NEW main thread vastly superior … especially as it now branches out to directly related issues … UNSAFE hospital discharges for one ( The bane of this forum ? ) … the question of CHC / NHS Continuing Healthcare / NHS Nursing Funded Care MUST ALWAYS be asked when discharging a patient is on the cards … and not the tarot variety !!!

All sorted … perhaps a lesson here for other threads … and recovery proceedings … if necessary ???

They are ALWAYS around unless deleted from the actual hard drive.