CHC Fast Track Review - How should we prepare?

My Dad was given Fastrack CHC and deemed palliative 3-4 months ago in a hospital visit. He’s still with us and the review is upon us. He was given four x 2 carer visits a day to admit meds, wash, change pads etc and we subsequently requested night waking sits by a carer and was also given that 7 nights/week on CHC. We pay to cover the gap between night sit and first morning carer visit to allow my Mum who also has health issues to rise at a decent time. I understand its the District Nurses or DN’s that make the decision on the NHS side and they have hinted the night sits are at risk under the review. We already met a social worker (SW) and went through the CHC checklist which was very distressing for my Dad who has Parkinsons Dementia among other things.

The next meeting will apparently include SW and DN and DN admin and family which will be disturbing for my Dad.

How do I prepare to make a best effort to keep the level of care we have please?

Before the night sits my Dad would constantly call out and could end up on the floor on hands and knees. Since then both his and Mums health has declined and Dad sleeps downstairs, no night sitter would be disastrous for the whole family.

The review feels like it will be a structured battle between NHS on one side and SW on the other with neither wanting to pay ? The SW indicated if the decision is less than 100% of current care it will go back to SW and Local Authority, is that right please?

Hi Les.

First thought … CHC / NHS Continuing Healthcare … and YOU have to contribute ???

__

We pay to cover the gap between night sit and first morning carer visit to allow my Mum who also has health issues to rise at a decent time

Main thread :

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-and-advice/all-about-caring/chc-coughlan-grogan-judgements-nhs-contuing-healthcare-nhs-fnc-hospital-discharges-all-under-this-one-thread-35998

Section :
TOP UP FEES ? : CHC / NHS CONTINUING HEALTHCARE ( NO SUCH THING !!! )

Once approved , CHC / NHS Continuing Healthcare is free … for life.

Preparation for an assessment ???

Main thread again … section :

CHC : WHAT IS IT / QUALIFICATION / ASSESSMENTS / VIDEO ( PROFESSOR LUKE CLEMENTS )

In case it’s needed , another section from the main thread :

FAST TRACK NHS CONTINUING HEALTHCARE ( NOT JUST FOR END OF LIFE ! )
( District nurse ? At least a step up from that social worker … how about a qualified doctor / consultant ?
Full sp was posted in reply to your last thread. )

Something’s not quite right , here … me thinks ???