Caring and working help needed

Yes … by marshalling.

Simpliest way ?

Increase your personal pension contribution.

How do I increase it as I don’t pay any at the minute

By law , your employer contributes to your personal pension … ???

If not , a clear breach of Employment Law here.

Better known as a Workplace Pension … full sp follows :

Employees | Workplace Pensions

( No weekly deductions for pension contributions ??? ).

Personal pension plans ?

A beginners guide :

Personal pensions: Overview - GOV.UK

No non ive got a pension but nothing has been added in as I only earn 120 a week would they still take my Carers Allowance off me with being over by 15 pence ?

If no worksplace pension , one for your union to sort out as soon as possible.

I assume that all empoyees are in the same boat ?

There’s no defence against Empoyment Law.

Paying into a pension scheme is an allowable deduction against CA … as the first thread posted pointed out.

Melsasia earns too little to be automatically enrolled into the workplace pension. (starting point is £10 k p.a.)
However she can ask work if they would enrol her voluntarily. However it is quite cumbersome for just a few pence.

I’d suggest having a word with work and see if they would adjust your payrate or hours to bring you under

50% of whatever you pay into a private pension can be disregarded to bring your earnings down to the threshold.

So as you are only 15p a week over it would be sensible to look into paying a small amount into a private pension plan - say £2 - £2 per week? Look on it as a savings plan as you can draw down some of the money paid in at a later date :slight_smile: