Carers card?

Hi everyone hope you are all safe and well
Looking for advice on how my husband can access a carers card seems to be confusing advice online and no idea how to obtain one. We are in hyndburn area
Have a good day x H

Hi Chris

Welcome to our forum, I’m sorry to hear you’re having problems with the carers card website, there is a telephone number on their site, maybe give them a ring and they could talk you through the process. If not, please give our adviceline a call, even though we don’t run the site I am sure someone at our adviceline would be able to help or point you in the right direction.

Our telephone Helpline is available on 0808 808 7777 from Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm or you can contact us by email (advice@carersuk.org)

Also I just wanted to mention a couple of other things we have going on at the moment, which you might not be aware of. We’re currently running various online (zoom) sessions for our members. We have a weekly UK wide Care for a Cuppa session, this usually runs on a Monday afternoon around 3pm for an hour, it’s a chance for carers to take a break and chat to other carers. The sessions have been running for just over a year now and many carers have found them really useful. I’ve attached a link for you Online meetups | Carers UK

We’re also running some Share & Learn sessions weekly, they’re fun sessions we’ve set up - ranging from pilates classes to singalong to martial arts classes. This link Share and Learn | Carers UK will take you to page which lists the timetable and how to sign up. We’ve started to record some sessions so you can click on the session recording link on the page Chris and watch some previous sessions.

I’m not sure if you live in Wales, but if you do we’re also running various Me Time sessions for our carers who live in Wales, please have a look at the site https://www.carersuk.org/wales/help-and-advice/me-time - there’s a list of the sessions we’re running in the next few weeks. Wales also has their own Care for a cuppa sessions too - https://www.carersuk.org/wales/help-and-advice/care-for-a-cuppa-in-wales

Please have a look at the attached Chris there might be something that grabs your attention.

Good luck with the carers card.

kind regards
Ingrid