Carers UK Helpline opening hours

Carers UK provides information, support and advice to carers. The information and advice we provide covers a range of subjects relating to caring including:

• Benefits and tax credits
• Carers employment rights
• Carers assessments and how to get support
• Services available to carers
• How to complain effectively and challenge decisions

You can email us at adviceline@carersuk.org and we will respond to your enquiries within 10 working days, although it can often be sooner.

Our telephone helpline providing information is open from Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm - 0808 808 7777

You can also get hold of useful information and support online.
• Visit the Help and Advice sections of our website where we have lots of information and downloadable factsheets on the topics people ask us about most. www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice
• New to caring? Our Upfront guide will take you straight to the information you need to know. It takes only a few minutes to complete. www.carersuk.org/upfront/

Oh no, it’s such a good and vital service

I think that if the forum page had a much clearer signpost to the information pages, and an index which was much more user friendly index, carers would need to contact the helpline less often.
If I’m struggling to use it, then it’s failed!

However the helpline is fantastic! I can never thank those concerned enough for making me £50 a week better off, some years ago.

1 Like

Thanks for this suggestion bowlingbun. I mentioned this at our weekly communications meeting this morning and we agreed that we’ll put some additional links on the forum to specific help sections of the website. I hope we’ll be able to get this done this week.

I’ve updated the message re the Adviceline opening hours to say that unfortunately due to the large volume of emails we’ve received recently we’re unable to receive calls this week. As you say, there is lots of valuable information on our website information pages and many carers should be able to find the information they need there. Hopefully we’ll be able to take calls again next week.

Michael

Please join the NATIONAL UNION of CARERS free of charge and as in volume we can demand change.
It is free and as all of us work free of charge. www.nuc.org.uk, we deserve a lot better.
I have been a Carer three times and for many of the past forty years.
I receive no support, financial or otherwise as drawing a State Pension , which I paid for too.
You can also visit www.carersassociation.info ,read all the information to make contact and then download free of charge, “ Shattered Dreams “ by Mandy Bayliffe . She went to hospital to have her first baby ,but came out with a death sentence, dying aged just 29.
There are over 6.5 million Carers at home and save the State many billions a year.
Well enough is enough ,so now we want to be compensated for our hard, arduous tasks.
Let us form an Army of Carers by joining the NUC and become the voice to challenge the State to finally recognise us for whom and what we are about. Suffering an often miserable and stressful existence,only to be thrown on the scap heap when the Caring stops.
I’m serious but are you ? Just join , say what you think, then the NUC can challenge the State for change.
It will take time but we will win through in the end.
Thank You
Terry Bayliffe

I must be a bit dim, can’t see how to join in, in conversations. Only just joined although been a carer for six years

Hi Anne,

Can you see a red button at the bottom left of your screen saying “Reply”? Just click on that, enter your text and then click on the green “Submit” button. Welcome to the forum.

I’m also feeling a bit dim - I can’t see how to answer the invitation to new members to ‘tell us a bit about yourself’. Have tried posting a message, and been told I’m not allowed to. Yet I am a member - since yesterday. This is a bit disappointing

Hi Jane

You need to be logged in to make a post - login via the red tab at the top right hand corner. If you are logged in and are getting the message then try refreshing the page in your browser (that’s the icon that looks like a circular arrow in your browser’s tool bar) that usually clears the problem

Sorry but we have a long standing “glitch” in the system !!! (It’s always telling me I’m not authorised and I’m a Moderator :open_mouth: )

Terence

Thank you re the Union. Did not know there was one!

Agree…Enough is enough.

Will join

I’ve just had a look at that union mentioned for carers and in 2017 there was a petition that run to get better rights for carers including wanting carers allowance to be put up to £95 per week…

and for people to be able to get state pension and carers allowance too if caring…seems all like a good idea however,

but is closed now and it only got 63 signatures!