Carers allowance

Hi I am my sons appointee as he has mental health issues he get uc. My question is can he be my carer as my problems are physical and his are mental. Any advice appreciated thanks

Are you already claiming carers allowance for your son. Does he live with you.

Hello Ann Marie,
I have passed your questions onto our helpline advice team and should have a response in a few days. Alternatively our adviceline is now open Monday-Friday 9am-6pm: 0808 808 7777 if you would like to discuss with one of our advisors who will be able to give for some more specific information.
Hope this helps and let us know if we can do anything else to support