Carers allowance

Hi

Carers allowance have decided I am a variable earner and have requested I send in information about September and October’s salary by 10th November which is tomorrow (Sunday). In my mind the date for return was later in November. I have just today posted the details and have proof of postage but as its now 3pm, it won’t go until Monday and will possibly arrive Tuesday 12th. Terrified they will disallow and I will lose out significantly. Anyone with any experience or with any ideas about alternative ways of getting the info to them. Such as an email address etc.

Thank you

__

Anyone with any experience or with any ideas about alternative ways of getting the info to them ?

Can be submitted direct to the Carers Unit :

Contact the Carer's Allowance Unit - GOV.UK

In these circumstances , a phone call to confirm sending and for them to come receipt ?

Hi Chris

Thanks for your reply. I live quite a distance from the Carers Allowance unit so couldn’t deliver directly. I will call like you suggest on Monday and let them know I’ve posted it.
I felt slightly better when I realised that if they disallow because I haven’t returned the docs in time, I can just reapply and backdate. Hope this would work anyway, as a backup if required.

At least they will see that you have taken all possible steps.

I did Law as part of a Business Studies degree, long ago. If you can prove the date you posted it, then that date is officially the date it arrived!! I know it sounds nuts, but it’s true. Just can’t remember the name of the relevant case.