Carers allowance earnings in a calander month

Hi, new member here so please be gentle. I have searched through previous posts but can’t find the answer I’m looking for.

I understand carers can earn £123 a week, but what is the exact amount £ and p over a calander month. I tried ringing carers allowance but didn’t get through before closing time.

Thanks in advance x

I think you need to divide the figure by 7, to give a daily rate, then multiply it by the number of days in the month.

However, be sure to check what you can deduct from your earnings figure, pension contributions, any care you pay for your caree (even things like swimming lessons for a child count).

If you to to quick links top left of this page, follow the links and you should find all the information you need on this subject.

Thanks for your reply. In relation to paying for someone to look after my aunty,.for example if I take the kids to a swimming lesson how would that work? Do I need receipts, does it have to be a registered professional?

X

Straight forward question that has more than one answer.

Best bet ?

Bounce said question off the Carers Unit within the DWP :

__

General enquiries

Telephone: 0800 731 0297

Textphone: 0800 731 0317

NGT text relay (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 731 0297

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.
>

After all , they are both judge and jury.

__

Thanks for your reply. In relation to paying for someone to look after my aunty,.for example if I take the kids to a swimming lesson how would that work? Do I need receipts, does it have to be a registered professional?

Can you expound upon this ?

Employing a carer ?

Directly … or through an agency ?

LA providing one and you have to pay the LA ?

Receipts ?

Exactly how do they fit in here ?

I will assume for tax purposes ?

Evidence for expenditure under direct payments from an LA ?

A deduction against income so not to exceed that weekly earnings limit ?