Care home fees

Mum has recently gone into a NH and is self funding. She has no LPA and now lacks capacity. The funds we need to access to pay the fees are in an account in her name. Would we be able to set up a BACS to the care home?

Talk to the bank. I know that costs of a funeral can be paid directly by the bank once they have an invoice. Have the council done a formal financial assessment? Assessed mum for free NHS Continuing Healthcare?