Care home fees following death of spouse

I’m wondering if anyone has any information that may help? I have been a career for my parents for almost 10 years. 2 years ago my mum went to live in a care home, the local authority have been paying towards the fees since then. My Dad has recently passed away and my mum will now move into the category of ‘self funding’. Does anyone know when this period may start? Would it be straight after my Dad’s passing, after the probate is complete or some other date? I can’t seem to find out any information regarding this. Many thanks in advance

Is it a care home, or nursing home?
If mum needs lots of care, then Social Services should arrange for an NHS Coninuing Healthcare Assessment BEFORE they start charging anything.
IF mum qualifies for CHC, the care will be entirely FREE. However, it’s a very unfair postcode lottery.

Strictly speaking, this is a question best left to the Helpline. They’re qualified to advise you on the detail of this. It’s open from Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm - 0808 808 7777