Can I ask the local authority to fund live in care?

Rather than a nursing home can I ask the council to fund live in care if my Dad’s finances are below £23,250?

I understand that if it’s for care in the home they won’t take my Dad’s house into consideration during a means test?

I’m trying to avoid having to lose his house to pay for care.

The council will not fund this, but NHS Continuing Healthcare might. The most important case relates to someone called either Pointon or Poynton. Google this for more info.

Thank you :slight_smile: