Can anyone advise on POA?

It was something of a struggle to get a POA form completed for family reasons I won’t bore you with. It was all sent in, with payment, and we’ve just had the whole caboodle back, sans our £80 advising that the form wasn’t filled in correctly. I was puzzled as I had helped Mum fill it in but I realised my mistake when I went through it. I’d put one name and address in the wrong place.

I can easily get Mum to redo that one sheet without affecting the rest of the form at all.

Do I really have to get everyone together again so that we can completely redo the form or is it feasible to just replace the one sheet? Apparently they will graciously allow us to resubmit it for the ‘reduced’ rate of £42 so I really don’t want to send it in only to have it returned because we’ve submitted the same form

Hi Nikki

If the form has been returned it is probably an error on the donor section. That means it has to be completed again as the instrument is not valid. However, I would suggest phoning the OPG and talking to them directly: Telephone: 0300 456 0300.

I think the 50% reduction in fees is only valid for 3 months.

Jane

I was hoping I was wrong. Ye gods it took us ages to get together to do it . I would love to know what justifies them in keeping the fee without actually doing anything.

I can’t comment on the fee, but I know for ours we didn’t physically have to be together at the same time, but sending it to one to do their bit, then to the next etc was stressful and took time and extra dedication to detail as things have to be signed and dated and witnessed in the right order.

We were doing 4 at once, 2 for him and 2 for me and used different colour sticky notes for each person including the witnesses so, theoretically people just signed where their colour was.

Up to you whether to get together or do a round robin. No easy options, precision needed always.

Sorry you are going to have to do it again

Thanks for your advice and support. It’s a real minefield it seems to me a bit like the quote from Monty Python’s Meaning of Life when the school master is instructing the boys who don’t seem able to understand a simple instruction

‘If you’re not getting your hair cut, you don’t have to move your brother’s clothes down to the lower peg. You simply collect his note before lunch, after you’ve done your scripture prep, when you’ve written your letter home, before rest, move your own clothes onto the lower peg, greet the visitors, and report to Mr. Viney that you’ve had your chit signed.’

It’s about as straightfoward