#BecauseWeAllCare campaign

Hello everyone

Below is some information on a new campaign being led by the Care Quality Commission and Healthwatch. Carers UK is supporting the campaign and we’d love you to get involved.

The changing priorities of health and care services during the COVID-19 pandemic have had a significant impact on unpaid carers and those they care for. Carers UK found 81% of carers are providing more care for their loved ones, often as a result of health and care systems temporarily reducing their services and relatives’ care needs increasing.

Many services have continued to be able to support carers and get the practical support they need. But other carers haven’t got what they needed from these services, going for long periods without a break, unable to get the additional support they need, and in some cases having no choice but to reduce their hours or give up work altogether to care.

To better understand the impact the COVID-19 pandemic has had on care services, the Care Quality Commission (CQC) have partnered with Healthwatch to launch a new campaign called #BecauseWeAllCare.

As part of our Partnership with CQC, Carers UK is supporting the campaign, and encouraging carers to get involved. The campaign encourages unpaid carers to have their say on their own experiences of accessing health and social care services during the pandemic – whether good and bad – so that the right improvements can be made to services for all carers.

You can find out more about the #BecuaseWeAllCare campaign, and feedback your experiences, here: https://www.cqc.org.uk/help-advice/share-your-experience/because-we-all-care-unpaid-carers

If you have any feedback on the campaign, please share it within this topic and we’ll pass it onto our colleagues in the policy team.

Wishing you all well

Michael

Done. Made me realise just how fed up I was with the whole situation, and I’m luckier than most, my son doesn’t live with me. Lack of services, failure of SSD to arrange alternatives, mean that he is alone for a very long time, and is now ringing me several times a day.
I was dismayed to find his staff had driven to Bournemouth and back to the Tesco Extra just to buy eggs, milk, etc. which are available from the Co op at the end of M’s road. The Covid rate in Bournemouth is DOUBLE the rate of the New Forest, and I’m in the vulnerable category. I have some things here for him, but now don’t feel it’s safe to take them over to his flat for at least 2 weeks until I know he didn’t catch anything. The carer also cares for people with Down’s Syndrome, so irresponsible of him. However, this is the only member of staff that takes M out on his bike, so I don’t want to make too much of a fuss about this.