Struggling with the emotional strain of caring for my husban

I’m really struggling at the minute. I don’t feel like I can be the support my husband needs. He has autism and anxiety. Over the last 9 months his mental health has progressively become worse and worse. He doesn’t have the best relationship with his family and they are not the best with following through when they actually offer support. I work full time in a stressful job and often feel guilty and judged for not constantly being there to look after him.

Emotionally I’m feeling very fragile. I feel awful speaking to my friends and family about the issues we have at home because I don’t want anyone to view my husband badly for something that is not his fault.

This morning he phoned to police and said he wanted to kill himself out of desperation to try and get the help he needs. I only found out about this because the police left me a voicemail whilst I was teaching.

I just don’t know what to do anymore.

Hi Amy
You sound like having someone who understands and can offer advise may be helpful. I thought that speaking to your local Mind service may be really supportive.
I obviously don’t know where you are but our local MInd have helped many people.
Wishing you well
Ruth