PHP?

Does anyone else have a php debug warning on new posts?

Yes, what is that about?

Ive no idea, unless its something to do with the forum maintenance? At least its not our own devices. That was my concern

__

Yes, what is that about?

The answer :

What's the Fix for PHP 7.2 Count() Issue? - Development Discussion Board

Down to JOOMKIT to fix … the web site’s Mister Fixit.

Thankyou Chris.
Put my mind at ease about it anyway!

I’m hoping one of the younger generation would explain in plain English.

Such bugs don’t happen accidentally !

The very last thing the forum needs is for potential posters NOT to post due to said bug ?

Merely a hindrance … posts like these ones are unaffected.

Apparently , this is how to fix said bug :

phpbb/functions_messenger.php at 3.2.x · phpbb/phpbb · GitHub

Might as well be written in Klingon as far as most of us oldies are concerned ?

( Shame Thursday’s voting isn’t computerized … and a bug is let loose ?

How many would welcome a 600+ seat majority for the " Non of the Above " Party ? )

already reported to Admin by urgent email early this morning - but as it’s Sunday IT won’t see it till tomorrow.

Joomkit won’t be happy !

Christmas fast approaching and it’s double bubble on a weekend ?

I was worried too.

Hi, both my phone and iPad I can see:

phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Search found 7 matchesPage 1 of 1

phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Search found 7 matchesPage 1 of 1
Go to advanced search
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Page 1 of 1

Information at the top of the New posts page , when I open a thread etc.

Melly1

Yes Melly - see here https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-and-advice/tips-and-practical-advice/php-39226

I’v already emailed Michael & Lizzie about it.

Thanks Susie, was hoping it wasn’t just my devices and another technical forum blip I had to live with …

Melly1

The cynic in me would suggest a Festive season quiz … how long to fix the bug ?

Nearest hour wins ?

Starting time … say 2.00 am , 8 December.

All bets for under 30 hours now lost.

Winner donates to local food bank.

Side bet ?

Visitors put off by said bug and never return ?

( Posting on threads seems to have cleared many … perhaps we all should do a 100 each ? Given present numbers … make that 200 ?)

Thanks everyone for flagging. We seem to have the same message on our computers too. I’ve sent a screenshot to IT to look into.

32 hours …

It appears that the security updates have a minor conflict with the forum software. IT have now fixed it. Please let me know if you still get the message

The lucky winner resides in the London Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.

Tins of red caviar … baked beans in street language … on their way to one of the 3 local food banks … in the richest manor in the country … and home to Grenfell tower.

Thanks , on behalf of all of us using the forum , for a speedy resolution.

May the forthcoming festive season not be as bleak for you as it will be for many of us.

Thanks Lizzie (and IT) :smiley:

Thanks from me too. Dealt with speedily.