Panorama Crisis in Care on now

How come council tax in those London boroughs is so much lower ?

Good question , Melly.

I’ll let the London’s Poverty Profile web site answer it as best it can :

https://www.trustforlondon.org.uk/data/council-tax-support-borough/

More data on CT paid in London boroughs :

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/post/reply?f=13&t=37216

And , the real cherry on the top …CT support by borough :
https://www.trustforlondon.org.uk/data/council-tax-support-borough/

The Smoke … wherein you will find the MOST gross example of income disparity.

Some homes valued in excess of £ 2 million … look out your first floor window and see the shroud of Grenfell Tower …
no binoculars needed !

( Much more in the main HOUSING thread … )

No problem. As I hadn’t had time to follow all the discussions I wanted to check with the posters 1st. Extremely valid point about what attracts some readers more than others :smiley:

Thanks for this

x x

I could send up a precise … in 3 volumes ?

We watched this programme this afternoon.Its utterly disgusting that things are this bad.I am a full time carer for my poorly Husband who has terminal cancer of prostate bones and lung, & is also severely sighted in both eyes & deaf.When he had a review the social worker wasn’t interested in me at all,as I have got Anxiety issues & a faile hip replacement owing to no one caring for me. I am utterly drained.But struggling most days.We get 7 and a half hours care per week & 4 hours so he can go out in the community. We have a pa.But social services aren’t happy about this.As we need more help for the pair of us.Sorry to rant.Maybe if social services moved in to our homes for 48 hours,then they would think again regards Amanda h

Hi Amanda.

One thing that leaps out from your posting … CHC / NHS Contining Healthcare … in course / offered / rejected ?
https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-and-advice/all-about-caring/chc-coughlan-grogan-judgements-nhs-contuing-healthcare-nhs-fnc-hospital-discharges-all-under-this-one-thread-35998

Given your circumstances , highly recommend that you explore this avenue.

Thanks Chris.

Hi Rosemary, reply noted.

Amandah,

Maybe if social services moved in to our homes for 48 hours, then they would think again

or the politicians who cut funding to councils.

Melly1

Copy of checklist can be found on this link

This is 1st stage, and only if there is a ‘positive’ outcome does it go further for the full assessment.

x

Your welcome , Melly.

One wish left today … expires in 157 minutes.

( REPLY TO AMANDA / ROSEMARY ) :

CHC / NHS Continuing healthcare … check list ?

On main thread … link posted earlier … follow the colour :

CHC : WHAT IS IT / QUALIFICATION / ASSESSMENTS / VIDEO ( PROFESSOR LUKE CLEMENTS )

A nice cup of tea, please, that I didn’t have to make for myself! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Interesting … CUK’s FaceAche followers showing this forum a clean pair of heels.

By individuals posting comments , now 43 … this thread … around 10 ?
Carers UK | London

( 43 + 10 = 53 … out of 7.8 million carers ? )

Nothing earth shattering … merely reacting to watch they watched.

Taking the next step ?

Welcome to the carers of 2019 ?

( Good to see George still plugging away … first encountered him back in 2005 / 2006 ? … on the old PRT forum ?
At least he is , so far , the only poster thereon to mention the forhcoming GREEN PAPER. )

__

News today , forgotten by Friday … we have all been watching this debate for decades nothing will change ,
not a single thing.

Yep … that just about sums it up.

Diarise forward for Part 2 … and … hopefully … more emphasis on us … and our plight ?

**More background in advance of Part 2 tonight.

A slideshow … CARE IN CRISIS … courtesy of the BBC.

Link posted on the main GREEN PAPER : SOCIAL CARE thread.

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-and-advice/all-about-caring/social-care-funding-green-or-red-herring-paper-various-schemes-and-utter-madness-all-together-in-this-thread-32659?start=110

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!!**

Thanks Chris. Ill do my homework!

In essence , a visual guide to what regular readers would have already learned from the main GREEN PAPER : SOCIAL
CARE thread … over 100 articles inside 14 months … what they will see is only a small part of a very large picture !

For new readers to this and the main thread … like sitting down to watch a performance which began an hour ago !

Cheers … always willing to add a little " Hislop " to most articles … asking the questions that nobody else would ask
… after all , most only tell part of the whole story ?

Unleashed ?

Delicate balance between what I imagine an ordinary carer , surving on the breadline , should be asking and … my own views
… shades of " Souvarine " inside CarerWatch … different audience !

Blog ? … ( Aka … Just look at how ugly I am ??? )

" The Voice of the Street " … perhaps ?

Not the first to suggest that … a " Red " once did … as if to say … " Your welcome but , please , not on this forum ? "

Expect a slightly thicker Christmas Card this year … new batch of forged food bank vouchers … need to test their
" Authenticity " on other manors !

Once that UC steamroller recommences it’s nationwide tour , more of those on manors that actual bank notes ?

#################################################################################

Does open up a whole new ball game … just what we are being told and … what we are experiencing at street level.

As if the censors are out in full force … across the whole social care system as well as within other organisations much
closer to our lives ?

Even the annual CUK survey … results before long … if alternative , more down to earth questions had been asked , what
would it show … given the limited response , especially when considering HALF the carer army are unlikely to have
Internet access to start with ?

I did suggest a couple of years ago for hard copies to be made available to the food banks for those amongst our ranks
to be able , for once , to participate but … that recommendation was not adopted.

#################################################################################
BACK TO THREAD !

I hope George isn’t right … a sense of " So what ! Nothing will change ! "

Still , not in OUR hands … nobody will shove a microphone under OUR noses asking for OUR reaction ???

Green Paper … once that changes colour into white … and passes into law , it really will be " Goodnight Vienna " for , probably , a generation … even two.

I did watch Part 2 and found it pretty lame, not nearly as hard hitting as it could have been. All ‘officials’/care home managers were shaking their heads, saying they were doing their best, it was up to someone else, and even the family carers were putting their best face forward in a typical BBC style. No real sense of the dire straights carers are in and their difficulties.

Am I wrong but it seemed like the stories they focussed on seemed to have fairly positive outcomes - the couple were moved sucessfully, chc was granted?

They could do with a third program discussing hard core issues - alternative care strategies, financing and societal issues. A real debate! And I’ve seen enough of Somerset county employees!

Sorry Cathy , don’t come home quite yet … we haven’t put the kettle on ???

A golden opportunity … and failed at the final fence ???

A sense of … to paraphrase George … " So what ? " … ???

Oh well , what’s Ken Loach’s next project ?

Even " I , Daniel Blake " … now one for the history reels … as opposed to continuing debate and subsequent affirmative action
… albeit slightly increased supplies to the food banks ???

I doubt many people will be discussing the program during their coffee breaks or around the water fountain this morning!

… or in their local food bank ?