Mum has passed away and is at peace

Hello everyone from New Zealand
My Mum , bless her has passed away and I gave her the best send off possible; she had a full requiem mass and a wonderful social after; I did the eulogy and arranged everything to perfection; she would have been thrilled.
I am now back In New Zealand and am celebrating being with my husband again; I am taking two months off to chill out and get still before I go back to work or make any new decisions; however I commit to

1. putting myself first
  2. saying no to others who take up my energy ie self care
  3. celebrating the life of my Mum in my way
  4. building a new life based on love and peace

A great book is Healing the Adult Child’s Grieving Heart: 100 Practical Ideas After Your Parent Dies (Healing Your Grieving Heart series) Kindle Edition
by Alan D. Wolfelt (Author)
all good wishes to you all
Susan

Hi Susan,
Well done for giving your Mum such a great send-off; a lovely celebration of her life.
Sounds like you have a plan to allow time to grieve and to rediscover yourself in life after caring.
Your Mum would be proud.

Melly1

Hello Susan, feel really proud of the support you gave mum, and enjoy being back home again.

Susan, I’m sorry to hear your Mum had died. My condolences. However, you were a wonderful daughter. Your Mum would have been proud and well done you for arranging such a wonderful funeral. It’s good to hear such positive steps are in the planning for yourself and your husband. Go forward…and fly. Wishing you love and peace.

Hi Susan. I’m really sorry to hear about your mum. My heart goes out to you and your family. I hope you are settling well in the new phase of your life in New Zealand.

Thank you Susan for letting us know.
I so often wonder what happens to so many posters on here as without feedback who knows if what we say helps or not.

Sounds a good, self caring plan looking ahead. Just remember not to be too hard on yourself if bereavement feelings pop up unexpectedly

Kr
MrsA

Thanks so much Honey Badger; best wishes susan

Thank you so much Mrs A; great to hear from you
Susan

Dear Lizzie
Thank you so very very much; all is very good here every good wish Susan

Just for the record, I am sure that everything you say helps other people Mrs A
best wishes susan

Dear Melly Thank you so much for your wonderful reply; so good to hear from you
Susan

Dear Bowling Bun thank you so much for that; you really helped me last year; so good to hear from you
Every good wish
Susan

HI there thanks for that; I love what you say go forward and fly; that is a wonderful thing
Thank you so much; I am really heartened by what you say
every good wish from New Zealand; hope your weather is good susan

Dear Lizzie Thank you so so very much; great to have your support susan

Dear Lizzie Thank you so so very much; great to have your support susan