MIND playing mind games? So much for nhs referral!

Hi guys! After reading of Faye’s response from her referral to counseling, I thought I’d report on my status again.

Well, it’s not good. Although two months ago I heard I’d been accepted, I am still waiting for my first session.

Last June I reluctantly agreed to my consultant referring me to MIND, and to NHS. Mind is supposedly quicker than NHS services. I am highly disillusioned! And will certainly be wary of anyone I meet from that organization. It is really a disgrace and I shall be voicing my displeasure to my dear consultant at my next appointment!!

Sorry this is still an ongoing problem.

I’ve been granted an appointment on April 17 BY PHONE, That’s good and bad.

Good because I can stay up until 12:30 at night, Pacific time and pay for an international call. Bad because I fail to see how talking blindly to someone I don’t know and never met is going to help!

Anyone else ever done cbt in the dark before?

Suppose I should ask them to do it by Whatsapp or Zoom or Houseparty.

So, after ten or so montbs of waiting, I emailed to cancel my first MIND therapy session which was to be a phone call, not even a video link session. Whatsapp and Zoom has worked well in the last few weeks for me but was not on offer through MIND…

The thing that concerns me is that I 've never been told that MIND is associated with my local Clinical Commissioning Group. That is until got an email from the CCG wherein the MIND in B****Y’s appointment letter was attached.

Mind is more of an nhs subcontractor than an independent charity/ nonprofit do-gooder. I feel I ought to have been told that back in June!

There’s a private hospital near me and they often carry out operations on behalf of the NHS, so its the same idea.

The NHS pay Mind to provide services, reduce the waiting lists?